Ken Anderson Takes 95% Control of Bolton Wanderers

  • August 30, 2017 | By Chris Mann
  • URL Short URL: http://b-ac.es/b0f42

Ken Anderson has increased his shareholding in Bolton Wanderers to 95%, after striking a deal with liquidators to purchase Dean Holdsworth's stake in the club.

Following a High Court decision to put Sports Shield BWFC out of business last Monday, after they had defaulted on a loan owed to BluMarble Capital Limited, Holdsworth's share had been placed in the hands of Andrew Hosking, of liquidation company Quantuma Limited.

With weekend reports of interest from a local consortium spearheaded by Shabbir Khilji failing to come to fruition, Anderson has made the move to renegotiate the terms of repayment to BluMarble and, in doing so, has agreed a deal to increase his existing 57% share in Wanderers to 95% - with the remaining 5% being held by minority shareholders, largely consisting of supporters and local businesses.

Commenting on his acquisition, Anderson issued the following statement to bwfc.co.uk: "I am extremely pleased that this matter has been brought to a satisfactory conclusion and we can now all concentrate on taking the business forward without any further off-field distractions, which have been so publicly aired in the past.

"I would very much like to thank BluMarble for all of their cooperation in swiftly concluding the situation in respect of the outstanding loan. Throughout these negotiations their desire was to minimise any damage to the business and have remained very supportive of the football club.

"I'd like to thank all our loyal fans for their continued patience and support throughout this period when people who do not have the best interests in our football club have tried to destabilise the business for their own benefit.

"Now, with this issue fully resolved we can now all fully concentrate on supporting Phil Parkinson, his staff and the players without any distractions."

Football betting site Betway

Sky Bet League Two Standings

Pos Team Pld Pts
18 Leyton Orient 6 5
19 Oldham Athletic 6 4
20 Bolton Wanderers 6 4
21 Scunthorpe United 6 4
22 Barrow AFC 6 3
View Full Standings >>

Poll

Who is Bolton's 2018/19 Player of the Year?
34.62% Gary O'Neil
19.38% David Wheater
18.92% Pawel Olkowski
9.27% Joe Williams
5.33% Jason Lowe
4.13% Sammy Ameobi
2.85% Josh Magennis
2.75% Mark Beevers
1.19% Jack Hobbs
1.01% Ben Alnwick
0.28% Andrew Taylor
0.28% Craig Noone