Ken Anderson Agrees Share Deal...for the Fifth Time

  • March 05, 2017 | By Chris Mann
  • URL Short URL: http://b-ac.es/dfaff

Bolton chairman Ken Anderson has agreed a deal to take sole ownership of the club and hopes it will prove to be a case of fifth time lucky.

Anderson has previously agreed to purchase the shares of co-owner Dean Holdsworth on four separate occasions, but ill-feeling between the duo and legal battles surrounding a loan taken out by Holdsworth have seen talks break down on each occasion.

The Wanderers chairman insists the duo are over their public spat, however, and is confident discussions can now reach a positive conclusion which would see him take control of 95% of shares issued - the remaining 5% made up by minority shares held by supporters.

"We have met the last few games, been very friendly, very amicable," Anderson told The Bolton News.

"I received a letter from his solicitors late last night saying that he had agreed to sell his shares to me. Hopefully this time it will go through.

"We have been here four times. Hopefully there is a will do that this time.

"Dean has expressed a will to work how we were first time, when we met, put the recent traumas and events behind us.

"Dean and I have both seen that positives have come out in the last few months, all around the club with the academy, the ladies football, the international football - all of these things are big pluses for us.

"We need everyone together to get this over the line."

Sky Bet League Two Standings

Pos Team Pld Pts
20 Tranmere Rovers 3 2
21 Oldham Athletic 3 0
22 Bolton Wanderers 3 0
23 Grimsby Town 2 0
24 Southend United 3 0
View Full Standings >>

Poll

Who is Bolton's 2018/19 Player of the Year?
34.62% Gary O'Neil
19.38% David Wheater
18.92% Pawel Olkowski
9.27% Joe Williams
5.33% Jason Lowe
4.13% Sammy Ameobi
2.85% Josh Magennis
2.75% Mark Beevers
1.19% Jack Hobbs
1.01% Ben Alnwick
0.28% Andrew Taylor
0.28% Craig Noone