Freedman: Modou Deal 'Isn't Going to Happen'

  • August 02, 2014 | By Chris Mann
  • URL Short URL: http://b-ac.es/e077a

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman has moved to pour cold water on reports linking him with a move for Ghanaian forward Modou Barrow.

Barrow linked up with Wanderers for their pre-season tour of Scandinavia last month, playing 45 minutes in the 1-1 draw at Brondby, and yesterday admitted he would like to sign for the club on a permanent basis.

Freedman laughed off reports of a £500,000 bid a fortnight ago and, despite the player's latest comments, the Wanderers boss says he won't be following up his interest in the 21-year-old - who is also courting interest from Everton, Hull City, Queens Park Rangers, Swansea City, Middlesbrough and Celtic, as well as two unnamed clubs in Germany and Turkey.

"We looked at him strongly over in Sweden but at that particular time the fee was far, far too high, so we couldn't pursue it," Freedman told The Bolton News.

"That price is coming down but not as far as we'd like it.

"It isn't going to happen."

Football betting site Betway

Sky Bet League Two Standings

Pos Team Pld Pts
1 Cheltenham Town 46 82
2 Cambridge United 46 80
3 Bolton Wanderers 46 79
4 Morecambe 46 78
5 Newport County 46 73
View Full Standings >>

Poll

Who is Bolton's 2020/21 Player of the Year?
56.86% Ricardo Santos
17.79% Matt Gilks
10.64% Alex Baptiste
9.94% Eoin Doyle
2.52% Antoni Sarcevic
1.54% Gethin Jones
0.42% Nathan Delfouneso
0.28% Ryan Delaney