Coyle Pulls Out Of Sanchez Talks

  • August 08, 2012 | By Chris Mann
  • URL Short URL: http://b-ac.es/47051

Bolton have pulled out of the race to sign Colombia international Carlos Sanchez Moreno.

Wanderers were hopeful of securing the signature of the former Valenciennes midfielder, who was understood to have agreed terms on a three-year contract at the Reebok Stadium.

Owen Coyle believes talks went well, but admits the deal has broken down after the player's agent told Bolton to double the 26-year-old's wages at the last minute.

"He's a player we enquired about a couple of months ago, and in between that, I was on holiday and Phil (Gartside) did meet with his representatives," Coyle told The Bolton News.

"At that point they thought they were close to a deal and then their demands changed.

"Again last week I had another email to say he was coming over, and to be fair, I think he did manage to get into the country but the next email with the demands was absolutely ridiculous.

"A couple of months ago we'd written it off anyway and they seemed to come back on and try and get us back involved.

"There was no point meeting with the player because of the demands they had put forward. They were far and away beyond our means, and I've got to say, they would be out of the reach of a lot of top six clubs as well."

Football betting site Betway

Sky Bet League One Standings

Pos Team Pld Pts
19 Rochdale 34 36
20 AFC Wimbledon 35 35
21 Tranmere Rovers 34 32
22 Southend United 35 19
23 Bolton Wanderers 34 14
View Full Standings >>

Poll

Who is Bolton's 2018/19 Player of the Year?
34.62% Gary O'Neil
19.38% David Wheater
18.92% Pawel Olkowski
9.27% Joe Williams
5.33% Jason Lowe
4.13% Sammy Ameobi
2.85% Josh Magennis
2.75% Mark Beevers
1.19% Jack Hobbs
1.01% Ben Alnwick
0.28% Andrew Taylor
0.28% Craig Noone