Coyle Confirms Zaha Bid

  • January 30, 2012 | By Chris Mann
  • URL Short URL: http://b-ac.es/8dbf7

Owen Coyle has confirmed Bolton have seen a bid for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha rejected by the Eagles.

Reports emerged last week that Wanderers were interested in taking the 19-year-old to the Reebok Stadium, although Palace were determined to hold on to the player.

With Liverpool, Newcastle United and Stoke City all said to be keen on Zaha, Bolton thought they had stole a march on their rivals by making a formal offer over the weekend.

That plan has backfired, however, with Coyle confirming his offer had been turned down.

"We have made an offer, but I don't think it is to the value that the Crystal Palace co-chairman (Steve Parish) wants," Coyle said.

"We felt it was fair for where a very talented young player is at the moment.

"I always put what I think is a fair value on a player and if we get to it, great. If we don't, then we have to accept that we are not going to pay what we would believe would be over the odds.

"But he is such a talented young player and he will get better. There is scope for improvement.

"He has got pace and unbelievable quality and natural attributes. We would love for that to come to fruition, but at the moment it looks as if we are a way apart in terms of valuation."

Sky Bet League One Standings

Pos Team Pld Pts
11 Ipswich Town 20 27
12 Cheltenham Town 19 27
13 Bolton Wanderers 20 26
14 Accrington Stanley 19 24
15 Charlton Athletic 20 23
View Full Standings >>

Poll

Who is Bolton's 2020/21 Player of the Year?
56.86% Ricardo Santos
17.79% Matt Gilks
10.64% Alex Baptiste
9.94% Eoin Doyle
2.52% Antoni Sarcevic
1.54% Gethin Jones
0.42% Nathan Delfouneso
0.28% Ryan Delaney